As you all know by now both my husband and I love to cook and make a lot of our food. This is something that my husband has done last week and wow it just beautiful and we would never go back to drinking store bought cordial, we have our own fruit trees we have an orange lemon and madarin. The kids also loved it. You could also use soda water.
I thought I would share this with you all and it is so easy to do!
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups water
finely grated peel of 1 lemon
1 1/2 cups lemon juice
Fresh mint leaves (optional)
1. Measure the sugar, water, and finely grated lemon peel into the saucepan.
2. While stirring contantly with a wooden spoon, bring the mixture to a boil for 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from the stove and let the mixture cool.
3. Add 1 1/2 cups lemon juice slowly to the cooled sugar mixture.
4. Pour the lemonade syup into the jar and cover tightly with the lid. The syrup can be kept in the refrigerator for 2 or 3 weeks.
5. When you're ready to serve the lemonade, put two ice cubes in the bottom of a glass. Pour 1/4 cup lemonade syrup over the icecubes. Add 3/4 cup of cold water and stir.
6. Float a thin slice of lemon and, if you like, a fresh mint leaf on top of each glass.
7. The recipe makes enough syrup for 14 glasses of lemonade.
Have a beautiful afternoon Lisa